Saturday, 7 March 2009

The daily habit

The daily habit

First semester—we are broke. Both of our bank accounts told us that the transaction failed. You do not have enough balance in your wallet.—whatever. I can still budget my own money but when it comes to my sister, I doubt that she'll even make it to dinner without spending all that is left in her wallet,

    "This is your entire fault" she says, gritting her teeth. "If only you didn't use my money on buying too much grocery—oh that reminds me," she says, extending her arms, with her palm facing up. "Pay up" she declares. This is the weird thing about Margareta, she just thinks about herself.

    "I told you, I still have to buy school supplies for my—"

    "Ugh! You're useless!" she exclaims, making the people at the mall stare at us. They must think that she's a psychopath.

    "What the hell is your problem, huh?" I say as I chase her, she's walking too fast. "Wait" I gasp, almost out of air. "Wait!" I take hold of her hand tightly, not planning to let it go. She looks back, raising her right brow and looking irritated.

"What—the hell—is your problem?!" I say again.

"Jana, you're not the only one who has problems in school. I have to pay up for my graduation fees" she sighs, slowly calming down. I am angry now. She always makes a scene in public places, and she always wants to make it look like I'm the bad guy.

"If only you didn't spend your money on buying fancy foodstuff like pizzas and riding to school on a taxi, then you could've—" I reply, barely trying to contain my rage.

"Let me get this straight" she says sternly, at any rate, both of us are about to blow. "I spent my five thousand for the washing of our clothes, for the bills, those dinners we had—"

This is so unfair. She would always want to win every single argument we have and she never listens to my side of the story,

"Whatever" I cut in, the only thing I'm capable of doing now is to make the long story short. Drop the topic that I have absolutely no chance of winning.

And it's not because I'm not capable of winning, but because my sister's not capable of losing,

After ten minutes, we reconciled.

After fifteen minutes, she invited me to eat at pancake house.

After forty minutes, we are officially broker than broke.


 

After we left the mall, we start to fight again.

After that, the cycle goes on again.

After that, I call my parents to ask for money

After that, I say: "I will never do this again"

But we did it again the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment