Saturday, 7 March 2009

Prince Charming and the sis

÷÷÷ Graduation in high school is here. I have a full circle of friends to bid my goodbyes to (except for Penelope).

    I have a gay friend in high school. He---err… She and Penelope were close. But stupid Penelope fell in love with him. He was one of my closest gay friends too, but I'd never be in love with him.

I had known that my best friend had a thing for gays, but thinking about how she daydreams about him gives me goose bumps since I've known him ever since elementary and one time when we were in grade six, he—ah, for confidentiality I'm just going to drop the topic.

So that was it. After the gay knew all about her love for him, he didn't mind. When Penelope made her move, he didn't mind too. When Penelope seeks the help of my other guy classmate, he did mind, because he had a crush on that guy.

I had been watching these things unfold silently. And I couldn't help but laugh that it ended up that way. My laughter died out early though. I have come to witness that there had been misunderstandings between Penelope and the love of her life, that pink-loving queer
guy.

It was a simple fight but they spent months not talking to each other. Of course I consoled Penelope because during that time, I'd sick to her even if she was on the wrong.

Their fight had been over 3 months already but I did not lose hope. They will be back together, as friends—I'm sure of it. Graduation is near and I knew very well that they will only cry about their immaturities as they say goodbye to each other.


Prince charming - the one who will save me from being buried in a glass coffin, which is made by my elves.


Of course, snow white died out of a bitten piece of a red, juicy apple from her stepmom disguised as an ugly old woman. My case is kind of different. I've been poisoned by my very own prince charming. The person who is supposed to smother me with love is the very reason why I'm rotting in awe.

Who in the world could fantasize a man named CHARMING? This actually is the very reason why the call me snow white— my crushes are all GAY.


Yes, my prince charming has eyes for his very own prince. And what hurts more is that he's secretly telling me his love-love and platonic fantasies of his "theory" when I'm actually dreaming of my days with him.

He knows I like him. I've told him a couple of times and he laughed at the absurdity of my feelings. He said it was impossible. What a dope! He doesn't even understand to begin with.
I don't know how long I'll have to put up with his ridiculous attitude. I don't know when I'll surrender to change his perverted mind. I don't know when I'll get over something too normal in me (!). But I like him. So even if he keeps on avoiding this topic, one day, I'll make him regret saying that my feelings are crap.


One of the writings Penelope passed as a composition in our English subject

~Jana


(When the gay friend read it, he reacted: Haha! As if he'll regret it though.)

Graduation came and they didn't become friends again. It was because of this awful thing composed of three letters: LBM.

That stupid gay had a loose bowel movement even before the diplomas were given out. Talk about bad timing. But as of now, in college, they're actually friends again. But that constipation affected the perfect momentum for reconciliation.

I shared this event to you because I need to state some reminders:

First, don't fall in love with gays

Second, don't fall in love with men who are into gays

Third, don't fall in love at all.


 

÷÷÷ Love is not "falling in love", because it means you love in a hasty manner or you love as a matter of chance—instead of loving as a matter of choice.

If my friend has this curse about gays, it's not even half of my own curse: because if she always had this craze for gays, I, on the other hand, have this thing imposed to me that all guys who get close to me, (not literally) are; if not gays now, they will be in the future. And I'm not lying.

It all comes down to this: I don't have a boyfriend. I never had a boyfriend. My sister has one and surprisingly, my parents are in favor of the guy because he came from a decent family. How cool is that?

I don't know why he still keeps up with my world-dominating and insightful-in-a-sarcastic-manner sister but if it is love, then he must really love her a lot. If he were my brother, man, it would be so cool.

He's like the younger version of my father. He knows what he's saying, he knows when to react, and he knows when to shut up. He's the typical responsible guy who would love to teach me how to solve algebra and how to drive a motorcycle and shoot some hoops. He's my "perfect" sister's perfect boyfriend, the one who would actually have the heart to treat us all to lunch and who actually had the time to accompany my sister and our whole family in the high and low points in our life. Damn, I would want to have a brother like him—but I'm stuck with my sister.

If there is actually a term for the almost-perfect couple, that would be them.

But they broke up recently.

After three years of being in a relationship and after seven years of friendship, they parted ways. They're still "friends" though. And I absolutely don't know the reason for their break up.


 

÷÷÷ I have only one sibling—and she is my sister Margareta. She is labile and usually acts as if she knows everything. I never had big problems about my parents since they are very understanding and fun, and quite the opposite of them, is my sister.

I spent three years of my precious time without her (2nd, 3rd, and 4th year high school in our hometown with our dear parents while she is off to a faraway place for college). I had to "anticipate" the time that I get to college myself where we will live together, in one house, and with our rooms separated by a wooden door that's about to break down now because of our endless slamming of it.

    If I say that I have a harmonious relationship with my sister, I would be lying. Yes, she is not that much of a nagger compared to my mother, and she isn't that overprotective compared to my father, but she is still so damn annoying. Actually, it's the other way around. It is me that she finds annoying.

    Obviously, she wanted to be an only child.

No comments:

Post a Comment